Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Where Do You Go?

So, obviously I didn't get to posting yesterday, but for anyone that was out with me at Ye Olde Pub you can understand why. I think it's safe to say that being that inebriated at 10pm on a Tuesday night is a personal best (or a personal worst, depending on your perspective) and I'll be going at the next couple weeks (months) pretty tamely.

That being said, let's get going on this SoulPancakey life, as I sit here eating leftover waffles and french toast. (Gotta round off that breakfast tripod, no?)

Life's Big Questions:Sunday, March 8thWhere Do You Go To FindInspiration?

I have to start with the usual- like so many people out there, I tend to spend a lot of time walking outside, sitting in parks, and, when I'm able, dipping my feet into the ocean in order to find something inspiring, or, at the very least, to feel inspired. The thing is, though, my happy place, that one situation I can be in at any time and get completely blown away by it all, changes on a daily basis. Different venues, different nights, but in the end it's always the same- live music totally gets my inspiration going.
There's just something about being at a crowded venue or one that is entirely empty, and just being swept away by the band on stage. Now, take note- there are a lot of bad bands out there. And past that, there are even more decently passable bands that are just not my preferred musical flavouring. But at the end of the day, if you can find a band that moves you, a band that kills it on stage, a band that is obviously having so much fucking fun up there that you just can't help but have funwatching them have that much fun, then you've got something miraculous on your hands.

Now, if you can manage to find a good recording artist who also performs amazingly on stage? Then you've got a magical combination.


No comments:

Post a Comment