Friday, February 19, 2010

Never Give Up on the Good Times

What experience would you be willing to risk everything for?
I’ve been trying to think on this one, very seriously, to figure out what, if anything, I would risk everything for. I want it to be something grand- something worth losing everything I’ve got. 
Worth losing my friends.
Worth losing my family. 
Worth losing the friends that have become my family, the family that are my friends. 
What would I be willing to risk losing Myself over? 
Honestly, I’m not sure there’s anything. 
There are a whole lot of amazing things I’d love to experience- going into space, seeing the lowest point of altitude on earth, hell, seeing the highest. I’d love to fall head-over-heels in love with someone who loved me (head-over-heels) back. I’d love to get my PhD, become a published author, or sell and produce a line of tshirts. 
I’d love to do a lot of things; in fact, I have a whole list of them. I think right now I’m somewhere around 450. But would I give up the people I love to experience all those things? 
I don’t think I could. Because I wouldn’t trade in texts like:
“Although I like the adjective yeti-ish, I don’t think it applies to you”
“Hahaha, sorry, a hobo just called you from my phone”
“You’re welc-gooooooooo!”
or 
“Don’t go to bed with a frown in your pocket. Take it outside and strap it to a rocket”

for anything. 
And without those amazing people, what the hell are all the experiences worth?

No comments:

Post a Comment