Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

March 13th, 2009: Life's Big Questions: What's One Tiny Change You Wanna Make Today?

Worry less? Care a little more?

When it comes down to it I'd just like to work on taking charge of my own happiness.

I tend to place my happiness in the hands of others a lot of the time, one of the best examples of which is a text I sent out this morning, asking for a friend to send me something silly, something stupid, something that would distract me from my stresses. Yes, I've figured out certain things that are the key to making myself happy, but a lot of the time it's easier to just wait for someone else to make me happy, so that I can wallow in my own self pity.

And, yes, my friends are amazing at delivering. There is nothing quite like getting text messages about massive crowds of Mormons hanging out at Arby's to make my day, and they darn well know it.

But at the same time, I'm pretty stressed out right now, and I'd really love to wake up tomorrow and start taking charge of my own joy.

I guess I'm still trying to impress those that hold my happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment